When you’re concerned about health and wellness, there’s always a need for a primary care center where you get examined from head to toe. The health care center treats aches and pains and provides facilities for disease prevention & screening, diagnosis and treatment of many diseases, injury care and counselling, etc. In this blog, you’ll learn what a primary care center is and what kind of services you can avail of from here.
- 1 What is primary care?
- 2 What is the main goal of a primary care center?
- 3 What are the responsibilities of a primary care center?
- 4 What are the benefits of a primary care center?
- 5 What are the types of primary care doctors in a primary care center?
- 6 What is the difference between primary care & health care?
- 7 What types of services does primary care center provide?
- 8 What kind of medical services are offered by Urgentway walk-in medical center?
What is primary care?
Primary care is the first point of contact between a patient and the healthcare system, and it gives patients access to the knowledge and facilities they need to achieve their health goals. Primary care providers usually deal with various patients and have a proper knowledge of the many physical, psychological, and social factors that affect their patients.
What is the main goal of a primary care center?
The primary goal of a primary care center is to promote the public’s health by making medical treatment more accessible. It also emphasizes the whole person rather than just the sickness of a single organ, system, or disease. It attempts to enhance their overall health and well-being by avoiding or resolving any existing or potential health issues.
What are the responsibilities of a primary care center?
There are the following responsibilities of a primary care center as given below:
- Providing more comprehensive coverage of health care
- Preventing social disparities in health care
- Organizing health services to meet health needs
- Helping to make health and health care a part of public policy in every sphere
- Helping to train leaders in practical health care
- Increasing the level of participation by all those who have a stake in health, whether patients, physicians, public health workers, or those in the allied health services
What are the benefits of a primary care center?
There are the following benefits of a primary care center as given below:
- Increased access to healthcare services
- Improved quality of health care
- Focus on preventive health
- Early intervention to prevent health conditions from developing
- Improved patient relationships
- Reduced need for specialist care
- Economic benefit in the form of several linked jobs
What are the types of primary care doctors in a primary care center?
There are various types of primary care doctors who are responsible for the ongoing healthcare of patients. Some of them are given below:
- Primary care physician
- Nurse practitioner
- Family practice doctor
- Internal medicine doctor
What is the difference between primary care & health care?
Primary care is primarily concerned with the treatment of diseased or wounded people. It is often centered on essential medical treatment. However, it may also include allied health, nursing, or alternative therapies. In contrast, health care is more comprehensive that focuses on the determinants of health, such as environmental factors (air pollution), social factors (school bullying), and individual factors (lack of health literacy) to promoting health rather than preventing or treating illness.
What types of services does primary care center provide?
Your primary care center provides many different diagnostic services, treatments, and procedures. Here are just a few of the services they commonly provide:
- Cancer screenings
- Cardiovascular health screenings
- Diabetes screenings
- Medication prescriptions
- Minor surgical procedures like suturing wounds
- Birth control services
- Casting, splinting and bracing
- Wound care
- Health counselling
What kind of medical services are offered by Urgentway walk-in medical center?
The Primary Care Center at Urgentway walk-in medical center offers various adult medical services, including medical, hepatology, cardiac, endocrine, gastroenterology (GI), obstetrics/gynecology and maternity, podiatry, orthopedics, pulmonary, rheumatology, surgical and sickle cell.
Primary care connects the patients and healthcare systems to improve the overall health of people. Primary care center not only provides the facilities for physical health rather it also concerns the psychological health. The core objective of primary care is to promote the public’s health by screening, treating, and preventing diseases. The main responsibilities of primary care center are to provide comprehensive coverage of health care and involve making health care a part of policies. Primary care centers improve the quality of health care. Instead, it also enhances the patient relationship with doctors. Many kinds of primary care providers are available in the primary care center to facilitate the patients with diagnostic services, treatment, and prevention strategies.