Walk-In Clinic: Top Injuries that can be treated

by | Nov 30, 2018 | UrgentWay Blog | 0 comments

Physical injuries are part of our daily lives. No matter, how much careful you are, you might be injured in the blink of an eye. The injury can occur whether you are playing football, stepped on an uneven surface resulting in a sprained ankle or tumble down the flight of stairs.

In fact, you can get caught of injury anytime, even if you are not involved in some physical activity. The injury can be scary and the first thing that comes in mind is where to go.

In this article, we are going to have a look at what types of injuries can be treated at Urgent Care Clinics for the best price and best care.

Minor Burns

At Urgent Care, doctors will be able to treat minor burns. A minor burn is a minor swelling with red color and painful experience. The skin doesn’t sore for a first-degree burn. While if the skin is blistering, it is a second or third-degree burn for which you should go to the emergency room.

For minor burns, normally the area burnt is cleaned and some tropical antibiotic cream is applied. It is also appropriate for sunburns. The healing time is about three to six days.

Minor Cuts and Scrapes

Minor cuts can occur in a number of ways. You might be cutting vegetables and suddenly your finger gets a deep cut unknowingly. Or you may fall off your bike and result in the scraping of the knee. Urgent Care is a great place to get treatment for shallow cuts that are not bleeding copiously.

Cuts are also treated in the same way as that of minor burns. The infected area is cleaned and cream is applied to get rid of the infection. You might get stitches for small cuts. For deeper cuts, you need to visit an emergency room.

Fractured or Broken Bones

A fractured or broken bone is always scary whether it be you or your child. Most of the Urgent Care Centers are equipped with state of the art medical equipment that includes x-ray machine. However, if someone has broken bone with pierced skin or you think that your neck or back is broken, you might need to call 911 immediately because it can be very dangerous to move someone.

Dislocated Joints

Nearly every joint in your body can be dislocated, whether it be jaw or your tow. Dislocations can be mildly painful to unbearable. If a dislocation happens, you can visit the Urgent Care, where the doctor will examine the seriousness of the injury. In case of minor dislocated joints, they may advise you to take rest, apply ice, compression and elevation. For a serious dislocation, they may manipulate joint back into place and immobilize it to give it time to heal.

Sprains and Strains

Sprains and strains have the same symptoms, however, they are two different types of injuries, taking place in different parts of the body. A torn ligament stretched or a sprain usually occurs in the ankle.

A torn, strain or stretched muscle can happen in any muscle but often occurs in the lower back, hamstring or shoulder. All of these can be treated at urgent care.

COVID-19 Testing in New York

Latest Articles

Translate »

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
Skip to content