Travel Guidelines During the Pandemic (Covid-19)
Travel builds the exposure of getting and spreading COVID-19. The safest approach would be to stay at home during the Covid-19 pandemic.
There are chances of getting exposed to Coronavirus during the travel. You may feel well and not have any indications; however, you can even now spread COVID-19 to other people. Any person including infants may spread COVID-19 to others including your family, companions, and society for 14 days after you get the infection.
Try not to travel if you are not well or if accompanied by somebody with COVID-19 in the previous 14 days.
What You Should Consider Before Travelling in Pandemic?
Following are the recommendations you should think about before travelling during Covid-19.
Are you at the stage of risk of getting sick during pandemic?
Anybody can get extremely sick from the infection that causes COVID-19, yet older ones and individuals of all ages with certain healthcare conditions are at more risk of getting sick from COVID-19.
Are you living with someone who can get affected by Covid-19?
If you are exposed to Covid-19 during the travel, you can spread the infection to friends and family when you return, regardless of whether you don’t have indications.
Are there any limitations for travelers at your destination place?
Some state and regional governments have implemented limitations, for example, expecting individuals to cover with face masks and requiring the traveling individuals to remain at home after reaching for as long as 14 days. For the cross-border travel, follow up with Office of Foreign Affairs or Ministry of Health for prerequisites and limitations for visitors, for example, required testing or isolation.
Travel Needs You Should Carry During Pandemic
Following are the things which you need to take with you for the safety during pandemic
- The most important thing is to carry a mask you can wear in public places
- Carry a hand sanitizer with min 60% of alcohol level
- You should also carry medicines of need for the whole travel plan
- Try to carry pack food and water with you in case there isn’t any safe option of restaurant, store or drive thru available in the region
- Do consider the guidelines of cleaning and disinfecting from the appropriate health websites.
Safety Measures During Travel
Its important to follow these precautionary measures for safety of yourself and others
- You must cover the face and nose with mask in the public areas.
- Maintain safe distance of atleast 6 feet from anyone you meet
- Wash hands for atleast 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer
- Avoid getting in contact with the ones who are sick
- Try not to touch the mouth, eyes or nose
Useful Tips to Avoid Covid-19 Exposure During Traveling
- In public places always wear mask and keep distance of atleast 6 feet
- When you stop for using restroom, always wash hands for 20 seconds, if soap isn’t available then use the hand sanitizer for cleaning and rub it until it gets completely dry.
- While getting onto the gas station, use the disinfecting wipes to clean the handle and the buttons. When fueling is done, use the sanitizer to clean hands and don’t forget to wash hands for 20 seconds after reaching the destination.
- Its always safe to carry your own food with you but if its not possible then try to get food from delivery or drive thru options
Safety Measures After the Travel
When you’re done with traveling, its important to follow these steps to not get yourself or anyone from the household exposed to Covid-19
- Start with maintaining 6 feet of distance from everyone
- Wearing mask is essential when you’re going outside of the home
- Wash hands for 20 seconds and use hand sanitizer to clean off the hands
- Look out for your health and indications of Covid-19. Check the fever if you don’t feel well.
Book Appointment for Covid-19 Rapid Testing in NYC
For more details on travel guidelines during pandemic, please visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/travel-during-covid19.html