- 1 COVID-19 Vaccines and Chronic Conditions
- 2 What to Expect from the COVID-19 Vaccine?
People seemed much more enthusiastic and eager to get COVID-19 Vaccine after the accessibility of vaccines for the public. Initially, COVID-19 vaccination was only administered to healthcare professionals, but now it is accessible for everyone. According to the latest report, more than a million people have already got themselves vaccinated, and many are still enrolling themselves for the same. However, when the country breathes a sigh of relief, the COVID-19 vaccination has come up with multiple side effects. These side effects can worsen when the vaccinated person is already experiencing underlying chronic conditions such as diabetes, cancer, heart disease, stroke and renal failure, etc. By taking some precautionary measures, we can avoid these after-vaccination complications. In addition, we can expect many side effects as well benefits from the vaccination.
COVID-19 Vaccines and Chronic Conditions
Adults of any age with underlying chronic conditions are at higher risk of infection by COVID-19 than healthy people. So, COVID-19 vaccines are recommended for and can be administered to most people with underlying medical conditions. Following types of chronic conditions require COVID-19 vaccination and precautionary measures to prevent side effects.
According to some researches, cancer disease treatments such as chemotherapy can weaken our body’s ability to fight coronavirus. So, COVID-19 vaccination could be more effective to prevent complications, but sometimes it can worsen the health status.
2. Chronic lung diseases
Chronic lung diseases such as asthma, Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), cystic fibrosis, and Pulmonary hypertension weaken our respiratory system and are at high risk to develop a COVID-19 infection. So, the vaccination for the existing lung diseases is not harmful and proved effective.
3. Neurological conditions
Having neurological conditions, such as dementia, can make us more likely to get severely ill from COVID-19. But, according to U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective and doesn’t cause neurological issues.
4. Heart conditions
Having heart conditions such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, cardiomyopathy, and high blood pressure can make us at high risk to get COVID-19 infection. So, vaccination is highly recommended for people of all ages and it is proved effective to relieve heart diseases.
According to many researches, the COVID-19 vaccine is proved effective and doesn’t have any side effects for existing chronic conditions such as stroke, cerebrovascular disease, sickle cell disease, obesity, liver disease, and HIV infection etc.
What to Expect from the COVID-19 Vaccine?
We can expect two kinds of reactions from the COVID-19 vaccine. First are benefits, and second are side-effects of the COVID-19 vaccine.
Positive effects of the Covid-19 vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine boosts up our immunity and makes robust our immune system.
- COVID-19 vaccines also help us to keep away from getting seriously ill after getting COVID-19 vaccination.
- Getting vaccination also lessen the chance of spreading the COVID-19 pathogen to family members, friends, or other people with whom we have contact.
- COVID-19 vaccine prevents us from spreading the COVID-19 virus to others in the community through fomites and aerosols.
- COVID-199 vaccination has proved 94-95% effective in safeguarding people from becoming seriously ill with COVID-19.
Adverse effects of the COVID-19 vaccine
According to World Health Organization, one should expect the following adverse effects by COVID-19 vaccine:
- Mild fever
- Body aches
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Muscle and joint pain
- Inflammation, redness, pain and blood clotting at the site of injection
Precautions for COVID-19 Vaccine
You should take the following precautions before and after the COVID-19 vaccine:
- Complete blood count (CBC), C-reactive protein (CRP), or Immunoglobulin-E (IGE) levels should be checked before getting the COVID-19 vaccination.
- Face masks, hand hygiene, and physical distancing in public places must not be abandoned because a vaccine has been taken.
- If you’re taking any medicine for an existing chronic condition, you should consult your doctor before getting COVID-19 vaccination.
- If you’re having a low blood pressure issue or diabetes, you should take a proper healthy diet before getting the COVID-19 vaccination.
- People affected by the COVID-19 and getting plasma therapy or monoclonal antibodies in the form of treatment should avoid getting COVID-19 vaccination.
- If you’re having any existing health issues, you should discuss whether you should get vaccinated with your doctor.
Millions of people around the earth have now been safely vaccinated to get back to their everyday life activities. COVID-19 vaccination is the best and effective method to protect from COVID-19 infection and prevent our beloved ones. But the people with chronic conditions are worried to get vaccinated. According to many types of researches, there is no negative correlation between COVID-19 vaccination and existing chronic conditions as diabetes, cancer or heart diseases. Even COVID-19 vaccination is proved effective to boost up immunity and to manage chronic conditions effectively. But we should take some precautions before the COVID-19 vaccination and after the COVID-19 vaccination to prevent Infectious disease. There are some positive as well adverse effects of COVID-19 vaccination. But these negative effects are for a short period, so everyone should get the vaccination to save their beloved once.