Urgent Way is a walk-in immigration medical exam facility. Our physicians are civil surgeons certified by USCIS to provide immigration medical check-ups for U.S. permanent resident (Green Card) applicants.
Here’s what to expect from our clinicians during your immigration medical exam:
- We provide the most up to date I-693 forms so all you need to bring with you is your passport and vaccination records
- You may eat or drink before the examination
- Most health plans do not cover immigration medical exams. Please get in touch with your insurance for more details. For self-pay we accept cash, credit cards
Once you arrive at our offices, you will be asked to fill out the top part of Form I-693. Do not sign until one of our doctors sees you and asks you to do so.
The exam itself will cover:
- A complete physical examination
- An evaluation for tuberculosis. You will need to come back to the physician’s office in a day or two for the reading of the result
- Blood test for syphilis
- We check your records to see if you require any vaccinations. If a vaccination is required, most vaccinations can be done in-house so there is no need to go elsewhere
- For vaccination that is done in series, the first dosage is enough for the completion of your Green Card medical form. We do recommend that you complete the vaccination cycle later. The team at Urgent Way will share information on future vaccination schedules
Vaccines / Boosters Required
- Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids
- Haemophilus influenzae type B
- Hepatitis A & B
- Meningococcal disease
- Pneumococcal pneumonia
After the Test
- After the exam, Urgent Way doctors will complete Form I-693 and seal the form in an envelope for you to submit to USCIS. You will also get a copy of the completed Form I-693 for your personal records. Do not open the sealed envelope as the USCIS will not accept an envelope that has been altered
- As per USCIS requirements you must submit the sealed envelope directly to USCIS. There is no filling fee
- If you are applying for adjustment of status, Form I-693 can be submitted in the following ways :
- Submit Form I-693 by mail together with your Form I-485 and Application to Register for Permanent Residence or Adjust Status to the location specified for your Form I-485 (see “Direct Filing Addresses for Form I-485”)
- Submit Form I-693 by mail after filing your Form I-485 to the location specified in your most recent communication with USCIS (for example, a Request for Evidence letter from USCIS)
- Submit Form I-693 in person at an interview in a USCIS field office (if an interview is required)
Follow the instructions on or included with the application or the instructions given to you by the office requesting the medical examination.
We offer convenient hours and have little to no wait time. Appointments are not necessary and walk-ins are accepted. For more information please feel free to call us at (718) 285 7801.
UrgentWay Immigration Physicals Locations
Each of our clinics is fully equipped to provide complete Green Card physicals that follow all guidelines provided by the USCIS. You do not need an appointment and can walk in to any of the below listed clinics and be seen by a Civil Surgeon right away: