Urgent Way offers Department of Transportation (DOT) physicals and provides medical exams for any commercial driver that needs to fulfill requirements for a new Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), NYC Taxi and limousine driver’s license (TLC), or renewal of existing New York state CDL.
Our doctors are certified by Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) to provide you with a thorough DOT physical examination that result in the medical certification needed for the CDL and TLC.
At Urgent Way you can get your DOT physical for as low as $110 all inclusive, no hidden charges. Simply walk in to any of our convenient locations.
What Do You Need to Do Before the Exam?
- To save time, kindly fill in the driver’s portion of the Medical Examination Report prior to your visit
- Please note that insurances do not cover this exam. Check with your employer to see if they would be willing to pay for it. We accept cash, credit, and debit cards
Bring the following items with you:
- List of medications with dosages
- Glasses if you require a vision prescription
- Your Last MER Card
- Yearly clearance letter from a specialist for a specific chronic condition
What is the Procedure?
Visit one of our six locations to get examined by our FMCSA accredited physicians. Walk-ins are always welcome, but we suggest scheduling an appointment before your visit to ensure the availability of a physician at the desired location to avoid any inconvenience.
Your DOT physical will include the following:
- A thorough physical exam
- A DMV eye examination
- A hearing test
- A urine test
- A heart test may be required for heart patients
- An in-depth review of your health history which would include:
What Happens After the Test?
Our staff will complete the remaining information on the medical examination report for commercial driver fitness determination and all its supporting forms and documentation. All DOT physical requirements need to be in place in order for you to pass your physical and obtain the CDL medical card.
Urgent Way’s DOT medical examiners will provide you with a certification for:
- New York State Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) for truck drivers driving commercial trucks and school bus drivers
- Renewal of existing NYS Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
For more information please visit DOT physical regulations. You can also check out our white paper on “How to Prepare for a DOT Physical Exam“ which show cases strategies to improve your chances of clearing the medical.
UrgentWay DOT Physicals Locations
Each of our clinics is equipped to provide complete physicals that follow all guidelines provided by the FMSCA. You can walk in to any of the below listed locations and be seen by a Medical Examiner right away: