The covid-19 pandemic has forced some big changes in the world of health, making virtual doctor visits much more widely available than ever before. Although the pandemic situation has changed, the virtual doctor visit over the phone is here to stay safe. For a virtual doctor visit, you need a smartphone or a device with active internet. In this article, you’ll be introduced to how to get the care you need during a virtual doctor visit and which services you can avail of during the virtual communication.
What are virtual doctor visits?
Virtual doctor visits are perfectly safe and effective ways to interact with your doctor through email, phone or a web-based portal. A virtual visit most often allows you to meet with your doctor face-to-face using technology. You may not be in-person, but often you can use a video feature to interact with your doctor.
What type of health care services are provided in virtual doctor visits?
There are many types of health care services that can be offered through a virtual visit. Following concerns can be discussed in the virtual doctor visit:
- Mental health issues
- Many skins problems
- urinary, sinus and minor skin infections
- Sore throats
- Eye redness without pain
- Change in vision
- Sexual health
- Review of test results and specialist reports
What kind of problems are not suitable for virtual care?
Medical problems that can’t be treated without an in-person physical examination are NOT suitable for virtual care. These include:
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of vision
- loss of hearing
- Sudden weakness or numbness
- Ear pain
- Abdominal or digestive problems
- Muscle and joint injuries.
How do you prepare for a virtual doctor visit?
Following tips can help you for a successful virtual doctor visit:
- Write down important information to make the best use of your time with the doctor, including symptoms, medications and other concerns
- Request any assistive technology or program you may need to participate such as a screen reader
- Be truthful on your medical forms and answer the questions about smoking, alcohol, past surgeries and medications
- Reduce background noise to make a peaceful environment for discussion
- Choose a spot with plenty of light for a clear and visible photo on a video call
What to expect during a virtual’ s doctor appointment?
During your virtual doctor visit, your healthcare provider will ask about your concerns and symptoms. They might do a visual exam to look for your rashes and physical abnormalities. In the end, they will give you clear instructions about the treatment procedure, prescription and other relevant information.
How to arrange a virtual doctor visit?
- To get the appointment of virtual doctor visit, contact your doctor via telephone, email, skype or another way.
- Complete and submit any required forms to give your consent to use virtual visits, including video appointments and text messaging.
- Ask the doctor’s office how to send any items to make the visit more efficient, such as symptom questionnaires or photos related to the medical problem.
What are the benefits of virtual doctor visits?
Virtual doctor visit has emerged rapidly due to changes in access to healthcare. A virtual doctor visit is an important option due to many reasons. If you’re residing away from your doctor or travelling for an in-person appointment, this option is of great significance. There are the following benefits of the virtual doctor visits:
- It is easy for patients to be at home or health care providers to be in their office instead of a clinic room during the visit.
- It saves money by reducing the time and expenses of travel. Virtual doctor visits are also usually less complex than in-person visits. Expenditures associated with the visits may be less.
- Virtual doctor visits increase access to specialists and support services by removing geographical barriers.
Virtual doctor visits allow you to see your doctor and discuss your concerns from the comfort of your own home. These days, it has huge significance due to its many benefits. It saves money, conserves time, is easy to manage, and removes the barrier of geography while providing you with the services of specialists. You can get care of many health-related diseases via telemedicine, but some issues are not suitable to discuss over the phone. In conclusion, it is highly recommended to use virtual doctor services via sitting the home to prevent the covid-19 infection and reduce expenditures.